Temporary increase in Porting timeframes
We would like to apologise for the delays our customers have experienced recently in Porting related requests. This has been the consequence of an unexpected surge in demand for our porting service. At aql it is our mission to ensure that our customers experience, with both our products and services, exceed expectations. As such, we have made the following changes to improve this and to set clearer expectations for our customers:
- Our Porting Team has recently doubled in size, meaning that we now have a much larger dedicated resource focusing purely on porting requests for our customers. We intend to continue to grow this resource in order to ensure that we are meeting the needs of our customers.
- We have reviewed our current turnaround times for porting requests and we will be temporarily increasing these as follows:
- All customer requests to be assigned to a Porting Technician and acknowledged to customer within 1 working day of receipt of request by aql;
- All import requests to be actioned and request submitted to outgoing CP within 10 days of receipt of request by aql; and
- All confirmations of success/failure of port to be communicated to customer within 1 working day of receipt of confirmation by aql.
As you appreciate, it is not within aql’s control as to when we receive confirmation of a port success/failure as this is largely dependent on turnaround of requests by the outgoing CP, though we assure all customers that we will regularly chase All imports where there is an undue delay on the part of an outgoing CP.
These timescales will be regularly monitored by the aql management team, and will be reviewed again in 2 months’ time to assess whether adequate improvements in our processes have resulted in better results for our customers.
If at any time you are dissatisfied with the service that you are receiving from our porting team then we would ask that you please follow our escalation process as follows:
- Stage 1 escalation – email our Head of Service Management email@example.com
- Stage 2 escalation – email our Customer Success Director firstname.lastname@example.org
Once again, we would like to apologise that the porting service has dropped below our usual standards and we are making it our top priority to ensure our service returns to our normal levels as soon as possible.